New projects for 2015-2016 HUNCH Design & Prototyping program are discussed in this PowerPoint.
Questions about Batteries on the ISS Batteries On Orbit
Questions about Magnets on the ISS Magnets On Orbit
Below is detailed information about some of the Design and Prototyping projects listed in the above PowerPoint
- Please click ISS HUNCH Overview with comments from Astronauts.
- Crew Quarters Lint Catcher PowerPoint Crew Quarters Lint Catcher Project
- Crew Quarter Lint Catcher Crew Quarters Lint Catcher Drawing 1 Drawing 2 Drawing 3
- Crew Quarter Interior Outlet Grill Drawing CQ interior outlet grill
- CEVIS Handle PowerPoint CEVIS handles project
- CEVIS On-Orbit Assembly CEVIS On-Orbit Assembly – SEG46117230 Rev A
- Pretreat hose holder—For use with the Colorimeter PowerPoint Pretreat hose holder—For use with the Colorimeter
- Zero Gravity Scale PowerPoint Zero-g Scale
- Carbon Dioxide Scrubber Bracket PowerPoint CO2 Scrubber Bracket
- Vibration Isolation Box PowerPoint Vibration isolation box
- 3-D Molds in Space PowerPoint 3-D molds in space
- Holders for the Universal Battery Charger Adapters PowerPoint Holder for the UBC Battery Adapters
The Astronaut Office at Johnson Space Center has provided HUNCH students with a handbook that address all the needs and constrains of fabricating a HUNCH Design and Prototyping project
HUNCH Technical Interchange Meeting for astronauts and ISS engineers to review projects:
On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM students from 5 HUNCH (High school students United with NASA to Create Hardware) schools presented the projects they had been working on for the current semester to 13 Astronauts and 24 ISS Engineers who came to the astronauts conference room in Bldg 4S, Rm 6600 at the Johnson Space Center. Many suggestions were made by the visitors to the students and their teachers as to how to improve their designs and whether they could use them on the ISS. This was the largest gathering of Astronauts and ISS Engineers for a HUNCH gathering up till now.