New projects for 2015-2016 HUNCH Design & Prototyping program are discussed in this PowerPoint.
Questions about Batteries on the ISS Batteries On Orbit
Questions about Magnets on the ISS Magnets On Orbit
Questions about Restrains and Mobility on the ISS this excellent document has some of the answers Restrain and Mobility Aids
Below is detailed information about some of the Design and Prototyping projects listed in the above PowerPoint
- Please click ISS HUNCH Overview with comments from Astronauts.
- Crew Quarters Lint Catcher PowerPoint Crew Quarters Lint Catcher Project
- Crew Quarter Lint Catcher Crew Quarters Lint Catcher Drawing 1 Drawing 2 Drawing 3
- Crew Quarter Interior Outlet Grill Drawing CQ interior outlet grill
- CEVIS Handle PowerPoint CEVIS handles project
- CEVIS On-Orbit Assembly CEVIS On-Orbit Assembly – SEG46117230 Rev A
- Pretreat hose holder—For use with the Colorimeter PowerPoint Pretreat hose holder—For use with the Colorimeter
- Zero Gravity Scale PowerPoint Zero-g Scale
- Carbon Dioxide Scrubber Bracket PowerPoint CO2 Scrubber Bracket
- Vibration Isolation Box PowerPoint Vibration isolation box
- 3-D Molds in Space PowerPoint 3-D molds in space
- Holders for the Universal Battery Charger Adapters PowerPoint Holder for the UBC Battery Adapters
- ISS Microbial Observatory Booklet
Please click Design and Prototype Project student template to download a student template that will help guide you through the Design and Prototyping project. Some mentors may require you to complete this template.
Astronaut Shannon Walker and NASA Engineer Bruce Blazine inspect the HUNCH Galley Table after being designed, prototyped and built by high school HUNCH students as it is prepared for flight to the ISS.
Food Pantry System designed and prototyped by HUNCH students from Clear Creek High School and built by students from Oak Ridge High School are being prepared for flight to the ISS. A training set was also built that will be used in the Space Vehicle Mockup Facility.